Thursday 6 December 2012

Joanna's Day

My contest for the Advent Calendar is up and running so be sure to get your entry in.  You could win a beautiful Blue John pendant.  This rare and highly prized semi-precious stone is found only here in the Peak District.  I chose it for that reason, wanting to offer something that had a strong and unique Derbyshire connection.   That thought seems to have resonated with quite a few people so thanks for the positive feedback, folks.  More details about this giveaway can be found on my website.

Meanwhile, I have been attempting to get to grips with Christmas.  Usually this means a last-minute panic but this time I have actually started early.  Early for me, that is.  Everything is relative.  The price of postage has rocketed though so I've resorted to emails instead of putting bulky letters in cards.  A lot of people are doing the same, especially those who live overseas.  Otherwise we'd require a small mortgage just to post a handful of mail.

Alongside this is the novel I'm trying to finish and author amendments for another story.  By the time I get that lot done I'll be ready for a few days off.  With that thought in mind I'll get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment