Monday 3 December 2012

Going Over the Tops

The Harlequin Historical Authors Advent Calender has got off to a flying start this year.  Thanks to everyone who has supported us so far.  Keep checking each day for details of the different contests you can enter.  Don't forget, my day is the 6th December.  Answer a simple question and you could win a beautiful Blue John pendant.  More details can be found on my website.

I went over to Castleton recently in order to collect the prize for this contest.  For those of you who aren't locals, Blue John is a rare semi-precious stone unique to the Peak District of Derbyshire.  It is highly-prized and has been mined here since Roman times. 

The drive over the tops to Castleton is truly scenic and I'd chosen a beautiful day to do it, but it was also perishing cold.  I really regretted not wearing my thermals.  On the plus side it was a good excuse to visit a tea shop and warm up a bit.  While I was there I took some pics as well.  Mam Tor and Peverell Castle certainly looked dramatic in the late afternoon light.  Take a look and get a flavour of the place. 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment